TruOps Telecom Routing Administration (TRA)
The industry recognized source for routing and rating data
catalog of products
See the Product Listing below to link to additional product descriptions about TRA products.
Before continuing, you may find it useful to read a list of common terms.
The following links provide additional information regarding each product. For expanded details, view or download the complete TRA Catalog. TRA products are essentially "data" (not an application) and require users to process the data to meet their unique needs and properly integrate the data it into their local environments.
- LERG™ Routing Guide - The comprehensive source for routing data (NPA NXXs, Thousands-Blocks, switches, homing arrangements, Rate Centers, etc.) covering the local exchange arena. LERG tool: LERG OnLine
- TPM™ Data Source - Contains NPA NXXs, Thousands-Blocks, Rate Center V&H, time zones, RAO, other rating related data for NXXs. (does not contain rates).
- Local Calling Area Data Source (LCADS) - One-stop source for local calling area information (i.e. local/toll relationships).
- Telemarketing Data Source (TDS) - Can be used to identify cellular, paging and landline exchanges (prefixes, NPA NXXs ...) by state, entire U.S., Canada and all of NANP.
- NPA-NXX Active Code List (NNACL) - Data for all working NPA NXXs in the NANP, by Area Code (over 175,000 NXXs and 600,000 Thousands Blocks)
- NPA-NXX Activity Guide (NNAG) - Future adds/deletes/changes to NPA NXXs, by Area Code (NPA)
- LIDB Access Routing Guide (LARG) - Used primarily for Global Title Translations for Alternate Billing Services.
- Calling Name Access Routing Guide (CNARG) - Used primarily for Global Title Translations for Calling Name Services.
- Emergency Notifications (ENs) - Reports new NPA NXX openings that were reported late relative to industry guidelines (supports the LERG and TPM).
- Operating Telephone Numbering Plan Guide (OTCNPG) - SS7 Point Code data and the Operating Telephone Numbering Plan Guide (OTCNPG).
- NPA - Numbering Plan Area (also known as an Area Code)
- NXX - the 3 digits after an NPA in a phone number (aka prefix, exchange, central office code)
- NANP - North American Numbering Plan - US, most US Territories, Canada, and several island countries in the Atlantic and Caribbean and other areas where telephone numbers follow the Area Code / prefix concept.
- V&H - Vertical & Horizontal - a set of numbers used in telephony, derived from Latitude/Longitude, to pinpoint a location. These are used in assessing distances between two points for call rating purposes, network access charges and related telephony bases needs.
- Rate Center - a point within a Rate Exchange Area. Generally, calls originating and terminating within these areas are considered local. However, please note that a Rate Exchange Area is NOT usually one-to-one with Local Calling Area (which may extend across Rate Exchange Areas). TRA provides Local Calling Area information only via the LCADS product.
- LATA - Local Access Transport Area - geographical areas, defined by the US Justice Department, which limit the range certain major local exchange carriers are permitted to transport telephone calls.